Sunday, May 17, 2009

OMGosh, I have a teen daughter! Caitlin turns 14!

Caitlin (Kay Kay), 14 years 5/17/2009 Caitlin at 9 in 2004
born 5/17/1995

Well, my sweet daughter (step-daughter if I have to be specific)
turned one year older and will be in high-school in the fall. Look how beautiful she is!!!! It's so hard to believe that 5 years has gone by since she came into my life. She was 8 1/2 when we married. Just a little girl. We have grown so close. I'd like to say that we are friends too, and I think she would say so. It's been such a privilege to see her developing into a young woman and to be an important part of who she is becoming. I know it must be so hard for her mom to know someone else is influencing her daughter and knowing all the experiences she is missing out on by not being there every day. I know, because I missed out on these very years with my sweet Tyler. He really changed and became his own person after going to live with his dad. I felt those were such "crucial years" and I was so afraid I was going to lose that bond we had. But, so far, I don't think we have lost too much. I know that is why I am so careful to teach Caitlin how to be sensitive, kind, gentle, caring, loving, generous and thoughtful. I would hope that her mom in some way will be relieved that I am trying my best for her daughter (and mine). Sharing family is hard on everyone, especially the children. You can make it work, but it is just that, a conscious effort to do so every day. I am so blessed to be a mom and Caitlin is my only girl. I guess God put me in her life for a reason and I hope that I fulfill my purpose as her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment